Advantage Entertainment offers local and international film and TV producers advise on the production aspects of their projects, including the submissions and management of the applications and will see the process through till final delivery of the rebate and final co pro ruling:
• Advance ruling from the NFVF, is a provisional ruling that indicated that the production complies with the treaty requirements. This advance ruling is accepted by the DTI (SA Rebate); therefore the applicant automatically receives a provisional ruling for the purpose of the incentive.
• Interim Certificate from the DTI
• Start of PP notification application to the DTI
• Final submission to the NFVF
• Final submission and audit – DTI
• All production labour, supplier and interparty agreements
• Advise and employment of crew and contracting of suppliers and services and their BBBEE status
• Setting up of SPV, bank accounts and the registration of all statuary government bodies e.g. PAYE, VAT, Workman Compensation etc.
Additional services offered:
• Payroll, Post Production Accounting and Production Accounting
• Preferred relationship with suppliers in post production, VFX, camera, grips and lighting equipment
• Advice and Introduction to Rebate Cash Flow Structures
South African Government offers a package of incentives to promote its film production industry. The incentives comprise: The Foreign Film and Television Production and Post Production Incentive, which aims to attract foreign-based film productions to shoot on location in South Africa and conduct post-production activities in the country; and The South African Film and Television and Co-Production Incentive, which aims to assist local film producers in the production of local content and to support local film industry.